Write to us:
VoiceAbility , Office F8, Enterprise House, Foleshill Enterprise Park, Courtaulds Way, Coventry, CV6 5NX
Call us: 0300 222 5947 (Helpline)
Fax us: 0330 088 3762
Email us: email@example.com
Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
We provide the IMHA service for people who need support with their rights under the mental health act.
This page gives information about who can get support from an IMHA, and how an IMHA can support you.
What is an IMHA?
If you are being detained under a Mental Health Section, you are legally entitled to help and support from an Independent Mental Health Advocate.*
Advocates can support you with understanding and getting information about your rights under the Act, the parts of the Act that apply to you, and the medical treatments you may be given.
*Exclusions Apply; call the Coventry and Warkwickshire team to find out more.
- Listen carefully to what you tell us about your views and feelings
- Support you to speak up or speak up on your behalf if needed
- Make sure you are fully involved in decisions being made about you
- We will close your case when the work is finished.
An IMHA can support you with:
- Being fully involved in your care planning
- Your access to Mental Health Review Tribunals, preparing for them and understanding decisions made
- Your access to other support or services
- Discussing appropriate aftercare
- How to raise concerns about your experience/care
- Exercising your rights.
The IMHA service is
Who can receive the service?
In Coventry, we provide an Independent Mental Health Advocacy service for patients who are sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
Additionally in Warwickshire, we also work with people who are subject to the provisions of MHA in the community, including people who are subject to guardianship or Community Treatment Orders..