Write to us:
VoiceAbility , Ladywell House, 330 Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6JZ
Call us: 07974 564 235
Fax us: 020 8330 6622
Text us: 07974 564 235
Email us: email@example.com
Service User Involvement
If you are an adult living in Lambeth and have a learning disabilities, you can get your voice heard by decision makers in the council. We support the co-chair and members of the Learning Disability Partnership Board and by facilitating the learning disability forum.
The User Involvement Co-ordinator, Jane Abraham facilitates a bi-monthly forum meeting open to adults with a learning disability who live or receive a service from Lambeth.
We look at issues which the Partnership Board are working on and feed the views and opinions of those attending the forum back to the board.
Recent forum meetings have looked at:
- My perfect day – what I would like to be doing
- Keeping safe – and introducing people to Safeguarding
- Living in my own place – what support needs I have to live the life I want
We fed into the Partnership Board:
- views on how the Partnership Board should spend money set aside for work with people with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
- concerns about how decisions are made when cuts have to be made.
Jane also supports the Co-chair and other members of the Partnership Board in their roles to:
- chair the forum meetings and co-chair the Partnership Board
- prepare for the meetings
- feed back the views from the forum
- gather the views of people who don’t attend the forum through visits to services and colleagues
“Today…today is a nice day!”Forum member attending the forum about 'My Perfect Day'