Write to us:
VoiceAbility, Stratford Advice Arcade , 107-109 The Grove, Stratford, London, E15 1HP
Call us: 020 33 55 7142
Email us: email@example.com
VoiceAbility in Newham offers people who have additional needs, such as a disability or mental health illness, advocacy support to understand your choices and make decisions. Our advocates will listen to what you want and help you work towards your goal.
You can get support from a professional advocate if you over 18, live in Newham and are registered with a GP in the borough. You must have eligible health and / or social care needs
Your advocate will support you to:
- Express your views and wishes
- Secure your rights
- Have your interests represented
- Access information and services
- Explore choices and options and
- Access specialist services if you need them
An independent advocate will meet with you and listen to what you want. They will agree a plan with you based on what you want to happen.
Then the advocate will support you to achieve your goals.
Your Communication Needs
Your advocate will make sure that any information meets your own communication needs.
We can also help your friends, family and carers to access and understand useful information.
Your advocate will work with you until your issue has been resolved and those around you understand what it is that you want or need.
Other Community Services
In Newham, we also offer:
There are other types of advocacy set out in law that you may also be entitled to.
In Newham, we also provide:
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy - IMCAs work with you if you have been assessed as ‘lacking capacity’ to make specific decisions.
- Advocacy under the Care Act - An advocate can help you be heard, understand your choices and make your own decisions during care and support processes like assessments and reviews.
On each page you can find out if you are eligible for the service, how it can support you and how to get in contact with an advocate.
For more information you can speak to your local council or call our advocacy office on 02033 557 142