Our vision and values
We want to deliver the best possible quality of support to people so they are heard, respected, safe and in control of their own life.
We believe everyone has a right to
- be heard and respected
- have the same choice, control, and freedom as any other person
- be safe from violence, discrimination, harm or abuse
Everything we do is focused on achieving this aim.
- deliver the best possible quality of support
- be the provider of choice for the services we offer
- be the source of authority for expert insight on voice and rights
- be the place to work or volunteer with, for anyone who shares our aims
What we’re doing to achieve our vision between now and 2025.
1. Diversify the services we offer
Advocacy is crucial but not the only tool people need to be heard and have their rights respected, so we’ll widen the range of services we offer that help achieve the same goal.
2. Improve our organisational capability
To do this we will focus on 5 areas
- value our people - create an even more positive working culture and clearer opportunities for staff development and progression
- build the basics - increase clarity and consistency across all our standards, policies, systems and processes whilst maintaining person centred service delivery to individuals
- drive quality - improve our ability to evidence our impact and outcomes
- lead the market - reflect the high quality of our services in how we look and speak as an organisation and in the digital tools we offer
- grow authority - continue to ensure that people’s voices are heard and their rights respected in local and national policy decisions
We’re dedicated to strengthening voice, supporting rights and changing lives.
Because we are passionate we:
- are committed to delivering high quality support
- make what we offer accessible to all
- work with policy-makers to safeguard and strengthen people’s rights
We enable people to live life to the full.
Because we are empowering we:
- support people to speak up for themselves and grow in confidence
- equip people to understand and exercise their rights
- treat people as individuals with their own unique strengths
We listen and shape decisions with others.
Because we are collaborative we:
- involve people we support in shaping our organisation and what we do
- are easy to talk to, considerate and constructive
- ask for and respond to feedback so that we can improve
We work with integrity and we stick to our principles.
Because we are honest we
- mean what we say and do what we promise
- make everything clear and transparent
- maintain independence, confidentiality and professionalism
We think ahead and find effective ways to achieve our mission.
Because we are resourceful we
- focus on solutions
- try out new ideas
- achieve the most we can with the resources we have