Advocate (Sefton, Liverpool)
Location: Job base is Toxteth with work carried out in Sefton
Salary: £21,000 to £25,700 Per Annum Pro Rata
VoiceAbility are recruiting for advocates for our Liverpool & Sefton Service – a full time role (37.5hrs pw) working as a Relevant Person’s Representative (RPR) and Care Act advocate, and a part time (22.5hrs pw) RPR. Apply now to make a positive difference to vulnerable peoples’ lives.
VoiceAbility supports people who face disadvantage or discrimination to have a voice that counts. Providing advocacy and user involvement services across England, VoiceAbility is a growing organisation working with people who are vulnerable or marginalised to raise their voices and have their rights respected.
Location: Job base is Toxteth, Liverpool with work carried out in Sefton
Job type: Full Time (FT) and/or Part-Time (PT), Permanent.
Hours: 37.5 hours pw FT, 22.5hrs pw PT
Salary: £21,000 to £25,700 per annum pro rata - Grade F
Benefits: 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays; 5% employer pension & 3% employee contribution; Salary sacrifice pension scheme; Cycle to work; Employee Assistance programme; Supportive working environment fostering a good work/life balance; Support with professional development
Closing date for applications: 26th June 2019
Interviews: Week Commencing 1st July 2019
About the role:
Advocates support people who may be marginalised or vulnerable to speak up and be heard. Their work strengthens voices, supports human rights and changes lives. Advocacy can be vital for people who cannot speak up for themselves, or people who feel they do not have the power to do so. Advocates work in the front line delivering positive outcomes for the people they support. Advocates will support and enable service users’ understanding of their options. Advocates empower individuals to communicate their views in decision making processes, supporting them to make challenges when necessary and asking pertinent questions on the person’s behalf where they are unable to do so for themselves.
The role is office based in Toxteth, Liverpool but work carried out will be across Sefton to care homes, hospitals and clients’ homes.
- Be passionate about empowering and enabling individuals to have their wishes, feelings, beliefs and needs taken into account when decisions are made about their care
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Have the ability to engage with people with complex needs and communication difficulties
- Be experienced in influencing and working with health and social care professionals, legal services, care staff, family members etc
- Be able to build good relationships with clients, health and social care professionals, legal professionals and carers
- Be able to identify and act appropriately where issues of safeguarding individuals arise
- Have strong IT skills to accurately record information in line with policy and current data standards
- Be experienced in working with marginalised and vulnerable adults and/or children
- Be able to research complex and sensitive issues independently, using case law, national policy and guidance for advocates to work for resolution of issues
- Be able to work to tight and changing deadlines
- Be able to work independently
- Hold a full, clean UK driving licence and have access to own vehicle. There is extensive travel involved in these roles
Desirable skills or experience:
- Hold or be working towards Independent Advocacy Qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of the Care Act (2014) and Mental Capacity Act (2007) and The Principles of Human Rights and Advocacy
NB: If you don't already hold the Independent Advocacy Qualification it is a requirement of the role that you complete the Care Act Module and the Core Modules of the IAQ within 12 months of commencing employment.
You may have experience of: Advocate, Relevant Person’s Representative, Vulnerable Adults, Social Worker, Healthcare, Policy, Legislation, Support Worker, Charity, Third Sector etc. Advice & Guidance.
How to apply:
- Download and Read through the Job Description, Person Specification, Application form, & Equal Opportunities form
- Return your fully completed application form and Equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB CV’s and postal applications will not be considered.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to make your application form please call recruitment on 01223 555822