Care Act Advocacy

Do you need help to be involved in decisions about your care needs? If you will find it very hard to be involved in making decisions about your care and support needs and you do not have any appropriate family or friends who can support you, you may be eligible for independent advocacy. 

Find out about how an advocate can help you, and how to get in touch with the Brent advocacy team.

Independent advocates are available to support you to plan for and be involved in your:

  • Care needs assessments, including self-assessments
  • Care and support planning
  • Care and support reviews
  • Safeguarding enquiries
  • Safeguarding adult reviews, previously known as serious case reviews

Advocates will work with you to help you make your own decisions, will support you to understand the care and support process you will be involved in and to tell others about your wishes and feelings to inform discussions about your future care and support needs.

You can find out more in our Care and Support Advocacy page.

Professionals can download a referral form or find out more about their responsibilities our Care Act page

How to get an advocate

You can call or email our office to get advice from the VoiceAbility team.

Call us: 020 8900 2221 (Helpline Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Email us:

You can also speak directly with someone in the Social Care Team and they can help you understand more and make a referral directly to the advocacy service.

Adult Social Services
Tel: 020 8937 4300

Online enquiry: Customer enquiry form