Write to us:
VoiceAbility, Suite 100G, Crown House, North Circular Road, London, NW10 7PN
Call us: 0300 330 0642 (Helpline Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Fax us: 0203 740 9943
Text us: 0786 002 2939
Email us: email@example.com
We offer advocacy support to a range of young people and adults in Brent who need help to become more aware of their own rights, to exercise those rights and be involved in decisions made about their lives.
The Community Advocacy service is run by a partnership, made up of 3 organisations; VoiceAbility, Age UK Brent and Brent Mencap.
Who can get Community Advocacy in Brent?
We offer advocacy support to a range of young people and adults in Brent who need help to become more aware of their own rights, to exercise those rights and be involved in decisions made about their lives. We work with:
- Any adult who is subject to safeguarding and known to the local council's safeguarding team
- Older people (over 65) with physical disabilities
- Younger people with physical disabilities ( who are going through transition into adult social care) aged 14 to 25
- Adults with mental health needs and;
- Adults with a learning disabilities
What will your advocate do?
We provide support to enable you to have a say in your own life, including health and social care services and wider community issues. Our aim is to support you to speak up for yourself and where appropriate act as your representative.
Advocates can assist you with issues and concerns you have about:
- Understanding and being involved in care and support processes
- Quality of the care you receive
- Carers Support
- Supported Living or moving on
- Making a complaint
- Getting other public services and understanding information, including helping you to speak to the right people about debt management and benefits
We can also help you if you need an advocate to:
- Manage issues or concerns about services or eligibility for a service
- Develop communications skills to self Advocate
- Attend best interest meetings
- Support to get back into work or education related matters
- Support with abuse (such as emotional, physical, financial or sexual abuse) and harassment
- Help you think through a particular issue, understand what options you have and make choices.
If it is unclear as to whether or not our advocacy service could help, contact us to talk through your issue and we can advise you on the best solution.
How to contact the community advocate team
Anybody* can make a referral to our community advocacy service. Contact the team using the details at the top of the page to see if we can help.
How to contact the community safeguarding team
Call us on the numbers above, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*In Safeguarding cases, referrals will be made by the Brent Safeguarding Team, Brent Staff or other Social Care professionals.
The Community Advocacy service is run by a partnership, made up of 3 organisations: