If you are looking for Support
The ‘Moving Forward in Camden’ peer mentoring program provides a service for Camden residents who are experiencing mental ill health.
This new mental wellbeing resource is free to service users and can help you take a clear step forward.
Meeting a peer mentor who has been through similar experience as you on a regular basis, can inspire hope and make progression in your own personal recovery possible.
A peer mentor can help you with things like
- Setting a short term, realistic, achievable goal that the mentor can help you reach.
- Accessing activities to help you get well and stay well.
- Offering friendly and practical support.
- Finding out what’s available in Camden.
- Finding professional support that works for you.
- Working out ‘the system’.
- Motivation and encouragement.
- Filling in forms and sorting out paperwork.
- Helping to learn how to do research or use the internet.
- Accompanying you to a place / self–help group / appointment.
And these are just to name a few.