Write to us:
VoiceAbility, Goodmayes Hospital , Barley Lane, Illford, Essex, IG3 8XJ

Call us: 0300 222 5948 (Helpline Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)

Fax us: 0203 468 6902

Text us: 07860 022939

Care and Support Advocacy

Do you need help to be involved in decisions about your care needs? An advocate can help you be heard, understand your choices and make your own decisions.

Find out about how an advocate can help you, and how to get in touch with the team.

Independent advocates are available to support you to plan for and be involved in your:

  • Care assessments
  • Care and support planning
  • Care and support reviews
  • Safeguaring enquiries
  • Safeguarding adult reviews, previously known as serious case reviews

Care and Support Advocates will work with you to help you make your own decisions, will support you to understand the care and support process you will be involved in and to tell others about your wishes and feelings to inform discussions about your future care and support needs.

You can find out more in our Care and Support Advocacy page.

Professionals can find out more about their responsibilities and download a referral form in our Care Act page. 

How to get an advocate

If you are not sure whether you can get a care and support advocate, you can get advice from the VoiceAbility team, and our contact details are at the top of the page.

Referrals can be made by authorised staff in the Social Care team. If you prefer, you can speak directly with someone in the Social Care Team and they can help you understand more. 

The Adult Social Care Intake Team
Tel: 01708 432 000 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Website: www.haveringcarepoint.org