Write to us:
VoiceAbility, CAN Mezzanine Hounslow, Treaty Centre, High St, Hounslow , London, TW3 1ES
Call us: 0300 330 5471 (Helpline Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Fax us: 0208 330 6622
Text us: 0786 002 2939
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
The Hounslow advocacy partnership provides the IMHA service for people who need support with their rights under the Mental Health Act. Advocates from Mind Ealing and Hounslow will be able to support you; find out who they can support and what they can do here.
What is an IMHA?
If you detained under a Mental Health Section, you are legally entitled to help and support from an Independent Mental Health Advocate.*
Advocates can support you with understanding and getting information about your rights under the Act, the parts of the Act that apply to you, and the medical treatments you may be given.
*Exclusions Apply; call the Hounslow team to find out more.
- Listen carefully to what you tell us about your views and feelings
- Support you to speak up or speak up on your behalf if needed
- Make sure you are fully involved in decisions being made about you
- We will close your case when the work is finished.
An IMHA can support you with:
- Being fully involved in your care planning
- Your access to Mental Health Review Tribunals, preparing for them and understanding decisions made
- Your access to other support or services
- Discussing appropriate aftercare
- How to raise concerns about your experience/care
- Exercising your rights.
The IMHA service is
How do I find an IMHA?
Certain staff have a duty to make sure you understand that help is available to you from IMHA services and how you can get that help. You can speak to professionals like nurses and social workers and they can make a referral on your behalf.
If you want to make a referral yourself, you can contact us on the details at the top of the page.