Care Act Advocacy

Do you live in Redbridge and need help to be involved in decisions about your care needs? An advocate can help you be heard, understand your choices and make your own decisions.

Find out about how an advocate can help you, and how to get in touch with the Redbridge team.

Independent advocates are available to support you to plan for and be involved in your:

  • Care assessments.
  • Care and support planning.
  • Care and support reviews.
  • Safeguarding enquiries.
  • Safeguarding adult reviews, previously known as serious case reviews.

Care and Support Advocates will work with you to help you make your own decisions. They will support you to understand the care and support process you will be involved in, and to tell others about your wishes and feelings to inform discussions about your future care and support needs.

You can find out more in our Care and Support Advocacy page.

How to get an advocate

If you are not sure whether you can get a care and support advocate, you can get advice from the VoiceAbility team. 

Referrals can be made by authorised professionals. If you prefer, you can speak directly with someone in the Social Care Team and they can help you understand more. 

Adult Social Services: Community Care Advice Centre

Address: Aldborough Road North, Newbury Park, Ilford, Essex, IG2 7SR
Telephone: 020 8708 7333 (Monday - Friday, 8.30am to 5pm)
Online contact form