Care and Support Advocacy

Do you live in Northamptonshire and need help to be involved in decisions about your care needs? A Total Voice advocate can help you be heard, understand your choices and make your own decisions.

Find out about how an advocate can help you, and how to get in touch with the Northamptonshire team.

Independent advocates are available to support you to plan for and be involved in your:

  • Care assessments
  • Care and support planning
  • Care and support reviews
  • Safeguaring enquiries
  • Safeguarding adult reviews, previously known as serious case reviews

Care and Support Advocates will work with you to help you make your own decisions, will support you to understand the care and support process you will be involved in and to tell others about your wishes and feelings to inform discussions about your future care and support needs.

You can find out more in our Care and Support Advocacy page.

Professionals can find out more about their responsibilities in our Care Act page and download a referral form below. 

How to get an advocate

If you are not sure whether you can get a care and support advocate, you can get advice from the VoiceAbility team, and our contact details are at the top of the page.

Referrals can be made by authorised professionals. If you prefer, you can speak directly with someone in the Social Care Team and they can help you understand more. 

Adult Social Care Team

Telephone: 0300 126 1000 (Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm) 

If you are a carer please contact Northampton Carers who can make a referral for you if you are eligible

Telephone:  01933 677837

If you are a professional, you can use the below form to make a referral.