Write to us:
VoiceAbility, Total Voice Suffolk, Ipswich Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1BE
Call us: 01473 857631
Fax us: 01473 858806
Email us: email@example.com
Total Voice Suffolk Community Advocacy is for adults aged 18 or over who are resident in Suffolk (or who may be accessing Health and Social Care services within the County) during periods of disability or ill health and facing making important decisions about their lives or care. Advocacy is free and confidential. The advocates work under your instruction and will not offer any advice or take any action without consent. The advocates will not make judgements, offer their own opinions, or make decisions.
What Total Voice Advocates can do:
Our Total Voice Advocates will assist people in order that they can:
- Express opinions, views and concerns.
- Be given and receive information in appropriate format.
- Be supported in understanding issues causing concern.
- Receive information and explanations about options.
- Explore options and implement the choices they make.
- Have their concerns acknowledged and acted on.
- Be informed about rights.
- Be involved in and influence the decision making process.
Total Voice Suffolk also have advocates who can work with people who are eligible for the following specialist projects:
Advocacy for Parents with Learning Disabilities and Serious Mental Health issues who are going through Child Protection Proceedings
Advocacy support is central to creating a positive experience of parenting for people with learning disabilities.
Email us for a free and accessible booklet to tell parents with learning disabilities what happens if Children’s Services feel their child is at risk of harm, or for more information please call Total Voice Suffolk on 01473 857361.
Download our factsheets for parents below.
Advocacy for Residents and their Family Carers who are affected by the Care UK changes:
In December 2012 Suffolk County Council transferred the running of its 16 care homes over to Care UK. Over the next few years Care UK will be building 10 new care homes across Suffolk to replace the existing 16 care homes.
Total Voice Suffolk are able to provide independent advocacy for both residents and their family cares that are affected by these changes. An advocate can help you to:
- Understand how this could affect you or your loved ones,
- Explore your options,
- Raise any concerns that you may have,
- Assistance to participate in assessments and meetings.
For more information regarding these Care UK homes please see the following links:
Advocacy for people with Learning Disabilities being supported by the Accommodation Review Team (ART)
This Total Voice Suffolk discreet independent advocacy service that provides advocacy assistance to a person with learning disabilities or their family carers regarding decisions about a proposed or actual move where:
- The person is being supported by Suffolk’s Adult and Community Services (ACS) to move home, whether within Suffolk or from out of county into Suffolk.
- The individual requires advocacy support to allow his or her own independent decision making, where this is not appropriately available from friends and family.
- The family carer requires advocacy to enable them to be appropriately involved in decisions about the individual’s move.
Referrals for this advocacy service can only be received through the Adult Community Service within Suffolk County Council’s local ‘Jigsaw’ process or as a result of work initiated by that process.
Please Note - Advocates are not support workers, counsellors or befrienders and will not give any legal advice or legal support.