Total Voice Sunderland works across the city of Sunderland, offering a range of advocacy for people living in the area.

We provide:

  • Care Act Advocacy
  • Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
  • Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA)

and you can find details of each of these services below.

Total Voice Sunderland is a partnership between VoiceAbility and MHM Mental Health Matters.

Call us:
0191 543 7890

Write to us:
Total Voice Sunderland, VoiceAbility, 1 Qd North Sands Business Centre, Liberty Way, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear, SR6 0QA

If you have been assessed as ‘lacking capacity’ to make specific decisions you may be able to get an advocate. 

Go to page

We provide the IMHA service for people who need support with their rights under the mental health act.  This page gives information about who can get support from an IMHA, and how an IMHA can support you.

Go to page

Social care teams in the local authority have a duty to make sure that people are fully involved in understanding and making decisions about the care and support they need.  For people who will find it very hard to be fully involved in the care process, independent advocacy is available.

Go to page