Read aloud or translate

Our services in Oxfordshire

We provide the following services:

  • Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
    What’s this?

    Independent Mental Health Advocates (IMHAs) support people with issues relating to their care and treatment when they have been detained (sectioned) under the Mental Health Act. They also help people understand their rights under the Mental Health Act.

  • Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA)
    What’s this?

    Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCAs) support people who lack capacity to make decisions about their long term accommodation or serious medical treatment and who do not have any friends or family appropriate to consult.

  • Care Act advocacy
    What’s this?

    Independent Care Act advocates support people to understand their rights under the Care Act and to be fully involved in decisions about any care and support they need. This includes local authority assessments, care reviews, care and support planning and safeguarding processes.

  • NHS complaints advocacy
    What’s this?

    NHS complaints advocates support people to complain about the treatment or care that they or a friend or family member have received from an NHS service. This support is available at every stage of the complaints process. 

  • Relevant Person's Representative (RPR)
    What’s this?

    When a DoLS authorisation is in place and there is no suitable RPR, an advocate can take on the role of RPR.

  • Rule 1.2 Representative
    What’s this?

    Support if someone is or may be deprived of their liberty in a community or domestic setting.

  • General advocacy in Oxfordshire
    What’s this?

    In Oxfordshire, we provide community advocacy for adults with support needs with a particular focus on persons with a learning, autism or physical disability or dementia who are facing a challenge or issue including significant decisions about their lives and need support to make sure their voice and views are heard, but who do not fall into the criteria for other forms of advocacy. If someone is not eligible for statutory advocacy, they may be able to access general advocacy. For residents of Oxfordshire, we are unable to provide Advocacy support in relation to financial matters, accessing of benefits or any form of support with claiming benefits.