Speak Out Council
The Speak Out Council is a project that….
- Listens to and acts as the voice for people with a learning disability or who are on the autistic spectrum.
- Works across Cambridgeshire
- Works with people between from 14 and upwards.
- Is run by six Speak Out Leaders who are on the autistic spectrum or have a learning disability.
Our Speak Out Leaders
The Speak Out Leaders represent different regional areas or types of people. The current leaders and their roles are:
Each of the Speak Out Leaders
- Attends important external meetings like the County Council’s Learning Disability Partnership Board (which a Speak Out Leader also co-chairs).
- Encourages other people in their constituencies to speak out about their lives.
- Listens to their constituents through drop ins and other forms of communication and push for change.
- Runs the Speak Out Council meetings (with support from the project coordinator).
- Campaigns or supports others to do so on issue that matter to them.
Speak Out Here!
The Speak Out Council go out and consult with people with learning disabilities and or on the autistic spectrum across Cambridgeshire.
Below are two videos showing Speak Out Council's constituents (in the Cambridge City district area) talknig part in our consultation on technology.
Read Russell's story
Read more about Russell's work with people with High Support Needs
- Friday 10 March, 10.30-14.40 March Community Centre, March, Fenland
- Thursday 15 June, Buchan Community Centre, Kings Hedges, Cambridge (and South Cambs meeting)
- Thursday 14 September, The Beeches, Isleham, East Cambs.
- Thursday 7 December, Ramsey Community Centre, Ramsey, Hunts.
All of our meetings in 2016 have ended up full capacity and we have had to turn people away, so please RSVP as soon as you think you might be interested to email@example.com or on 01223 555863.
Our Last Meeting
Please find the minutes of our last meeting from September in Huntingdon.
For more information about the Speak Out Council, please contact:
Speak Out Council Co-ordinator
Mount Pleasant House
Tel: 01223 555863