Warwickshire and Coventry
VoiceAbility supports people in Warwickshire and Coventry to have their voice heard and their rights respected. We provide free, independent and confidential advocacy.
We offer a full range of Health Advocacy:
and also Care and Support Statutory Advocacy:
0300 222 5947
How to make a referral
If you are a health or social care professional, you can call us on 0300 222 5947 to make a referral for Health Advocacy or Care and Support Statutory Advocacy. Alternatively, download and complete a Health Advocacy referral form or a Care and Support Statutory Advocacy referral form. You must return it to us securely, which currently means using one of these methods:
1. Post the referral form to our Head Office: VoiceAbility Unit 1, The Old Granary, Westwick, Oakington CB24 3AR
2. Email to CWAdvocacy@voiceability.org via a secure method, for example the following are acceptable if you have access to one of these:
- Sophos email (available to Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust staff)
- Egress email (available to Warwickshire County Council staff)
- @coventry.gov.uk email (available to Coventry City Council staff)
3. Email from a CJSM account to firstname.lastname@example.org
For data security reasons, do not email referral forms unless you are using a secure method, even if you password protect documents. If you do not have access to a secure email, or simply prefer to call us, please phone 0300 222 5947 to make the referral, instead of completing the form.
It is essential that we keep people’s data secure, please remember that it is your responsibility to send information to us securely. We are continuing to review secure email routes. If we are able to offer any additional referral routes we will add them to this page.
How to self-refer
If you wish to refer yourself for Health Advocacy, there are three ways to do it:
- Call us on 0300 222 5947.
- Download and complete a self-referral form or an Easy Read self-referral form. You should return the form to us by post using the address shown on the form. Please do not send us the form by email.
- If you are in hospital on a secure ward we may be visiting your ward regularly, so you might be able to speak to us in person when we next visit your ward. Ask ward staff for information.