Read aloud or translate

Our services in Hampshire

We provide the following services:

  • Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
    What’s this?

    Independent Mental Health Advocates (IMHAs) support people with issues relating to their care and treatment when they have been detained (sectioned) under the Mental Health Act. They also help people understand their rights under the Mental Health Act.

  • Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA)
    What’s this?

    Independent Mental Capacity Advocates (IMCAs) support people who lack capacity to make decisions about their long term accommodation or serious medical treatment and who do not have any friends or family appropriate to consult.

  • Relevant Person's Representative (RPR)
    What’s this?

    When a DoLS authorisation is in place and there is no suitable RPR, an advocate can take on the role of RPR.

  • Care Act advocacy
    What’s this?

    Independent Care Act advocates support people to understand their rights under the Care Act and to be fully involved in decisions about any care and support they need. This includes local authority assessments, care reviews, care and support planning and safeguarding processes.

  • Statutory children's advocacy
    What’s this?

    Specialist advocacy for Looked After Children (including those living in secure children’s homes), Care Leavers, and children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities.

  • Rule 1.2 Representative
    What’s this?

    Support if someone is or may be deprived of their liberty in a community or domestic setting.

  • NHS complaints advocacy
    What’s this?

    NHS complaints advocates support people to complain about the treatment or care that they or a friend or family member have received from an NHS service. This support is available at every stage of the complaints process. 

  • General advocacy in Hampshire
    What’s this?

    In Hampshire, we provide advocacy for adults with support needs that mean they would benefit from advocacy, but who do not fall into the criteria for other forms of advocacy; and advocacy for anyone with a mental health issue who is in hospital or who is eligible to access community mental health services. We also support people with a learning disability and/​or Autism. People who are parents and whose children are subject to child in need or child protection processes and proceedings. People who require advocacy to help them express their views about housing e.g. Communicating with a housing provider to maintain their tenancy / local council on environmental health issues 

  • Learning disability user involvement in Hampshire
    What’s this?

    We involve people with learning disabilities in the local Learning Disability Partnership Board, so that their views are heard in decisions that the local council is making.